Floyd Mayweather revokes offer of rematch to Manny Pacquiao
Just days after Floyd Mayweather appeared to offer a rematch to Manny Pacquiao, 'Money' has closed the door on that possibility by calling him a coward and a sore loser.
In leaked details of an interview due to be broadcast on US TV tomorrow night, Mayweather goes to town on Manny Pacuiao, appearing to slam the door on a possible rematch.
“I’m not going to buy into the bulls**t and I don’t want the public to buy into the bulls**t. He lost. He knows he lost. I lost a lot of respect for him after all of this.”
This is a reference to the shoulder injury that Pacquiao claimed hampered his ability to fight last week. The Filipino had an operation on the troublesome shoulder this week but Mayweather wasn't buying it when asked did he feel that Pacquiao was hampered in the bout.
“Absolutely not. He was fast. His left hand was fast. His right hand was fast and he was throwing them both fast and strong. Excuses, excuses.”
As for a potential rematch, which emerged after he texted the offer to a journalist on Tuesday, Mayweather said: “Did I text Stephen A. Smith and say I will fight him again? Yeah but I changed my mind,” said Mayweather in quotes released by Showtime.
“At this particular time, the answer is no, because he’s a sore loser and he’s a coward. If you lost, accept the loss and say, ‘Mayweather, you were the better fighter.”
The phrase 'at this particular time' makes us believe that this is just yet more posturing from Mayweather and that by this time next year, with Pacquiao healed up and the welterweight champ on 49-0, we will be preparing for 'Fight of the Century II'.