Zeminar youth summit in Dublin set to inspire the next generation
A host of famous faces will be on hand to speak to Generation Z about all aspects of their lives at an event in Dublin later this month.
Aimed especially, but not exclusively, at those aged between 15 and 20, or Generation Z, the brainchild of Damien Clarke kicks of at the RDS on October 11 and runs until October 13.
Clarke, who is studying for a Doctorate in Counselling Psychology at Trinity College Dublin, described the aim of the event at the launch earlier this year.
"Generation Z are growing up in a uniquely challenging and complex environment, unlike anything experienced by previous generations," he said. "It is our wish throughout our three-day event to introduce Generation Z to a network of support, tailor-made for them."
To do that, the event has been structured into eight 'zones' that cover all the areas of a young person's life.
On Zeminar's website they break down the different areas.
- Main Stage – Amazing speakers sharing their stories.
- Youth Org United – Local and National Youth Organisations.
- Well-Being Gym – Learn how to look after one’s Mind, Body & Soul. This zone will feature interactive content aimed at encouraging attendees to explore and develop their personal toolkit in terms of mental, physical & spiritual welfare.
- Club Corner – Discover new sports and hobbies.
- CEO –BOSS IT! Careers, Exams & Opportunities – Not like any other careers fair the ethos of this event is dynamic and interactive. Organisations that exhibit here will not be simply handing out free paraphernalia but displaying what it’s like to actually work or study in their environment.
- Activation Zone – Spectacular exhibitors captivating your imagination. An open book for exhibitors with one strict caveat: It cannot be passive! It must be an engaging concept that will leave attendees with something thoughtprovoking, inspirational, relevant and practical.
- Teachers’ Lounge –Teachers, we will look after you! A Zeminar all on its own containing tailored content provided in a relaxed and collaborative environment. Main stage contributors will also present in this area, modifying their content for the other side of the desk.
- The Social Scene – Eat, meet & have lots of fun.
The list of speakers set to attend is impressive, with the likes of Jamie Harrington, Anna Geary, Maria Walsh and The Strypes all lined up just for Day One.
Day Two will see Bressie speak on the hugely important subject of emotional wellness while the final day will see Twitter's Mark Little speak about the mental challenges of entrepreneurship.
The event, which is expected to draw 30,000 visitors, isn't just aimed at young people. Those close to them, such as teachers and parents, are also encouraged to attend so they can engage with and understand the challenges facing young people in the modern world.
The event's motto is 'A Life Changing Day' and the aim is that everyone who attends will take home a significant piece of knowledge to help them through their future.
Tickets for the event are priced at €15 for adults and just €10 for Generation Z and can be purchased here.