Finally! You can now have a video as your Facebook profile
Facebook have introduced a new feature which allows users to have video clips as their profile photo.
Farewell thee static profile image, welcome all moving pictures!
In a blog post, the innovative guys over at Facebook outline three main improvements users can avail of very soon, the coolest of which is the new video profilers.
"On News Feed and profiles, we’re seeing people create and view more videos than ever before. Today we’re starting to test the next step in an obvious evolution of profiles: profile videos.
"Soon, you’ll be able to film a short, looping video clip that will play for anyone who visits your profile. Profile videos will let show a part of yourself you couldn’t before, and add a new dimension to your profile."
Following the success of the Gay Pride filter earlier this year, the guys decided to up their profile game.
"When more than 26 million people used our Celebrate Pride filter, it was more apparent than ever that people use their profile picture to show who they are— even if it’s just for a moment in time.
"Profile pictures are not just static portraits. They represent what’s going in your life right now and what’s important to you, and we want to give people the tools to better express themselves in this way.
- Open the Facebook app on your iPhone.
- Hit the “More” button in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- The first thing on the list that appears should be your name. Tap it to go to your profile.
- Tap your current profile picture.
- In the menu that appears, you’ll either see the option to “Take a New Profile Video,” or it’ll say “coming soon.” If you’ve got the option, you can go ahead and record a short video to use as your profile video, or upload one you’ve already taken.