Warning issued after charger starts fire in Dublin apartment
Fire broke out in an apartment last night, after a charging device apparently burst into flames, prompting Dublin Fire Brigade to issue a warning.
They issued tweets with shocking images of the damage caused by the small fire.
A fire tonight in a city apt caused by a charging device on a duvet. be safe, keep all gadgets away from your bed. pic.twitter.com/k2AewOB0On— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) January 12, 2016
The message was also clear, that you should not charge items on top of beds, as that is a fire risk.
The fire service attended the scene in Islandbridge and luckily the flames were brought under control.
However, the fire did cause significant damage to the bed and mattress.
In a subsequent tweet, Dublin Fire Brigade said 'Be safe, bed+gadgets don't mix'.