Tragedy as Irish man dies after collapsing while playing indoor football with friends
Tributes have been paid to a young GAA player who died suddenly last night.
Kevin King (22) was with a group of friends playing an indoor football match when he collasped.
Frantic efforts to revive him including using a defibrillator were in vain and he was declared dead at Altnagelvin hospital.
Shock has reverberated throughout the wider Tamnaherin area as friends of the popular young man woke to the sad news on Friday morning.
Kevin played for St Mary’s GAC, Slaughtmanus.
St Mary's Chairman Eddie Deery paid tribute to the youngster earlier today.
"Kevin was so popular, it is a very tragic event and especially at his age, being a promising footballer," he told the BBC.
""My own two sons were actually playing with Kevin in the indoor game last night, they're taking it bad.
"We've another group out in China taking part in a GAA activity and they have booked flights and are on their way home."
"It's a big, big loss."
Via Independent.ie/Belfast Telegraph