Two teens and man in his 20s arrested in connection with stabbing incidents in Dublin

There were a number of violent incidents in Dublin's Temple Bar at the weekend
There were a number of violent incidents in Dublin's Temple Bar at the weekend

Three people have been arrested in connection with a number of stabbing incidents in one of Dublin's main tourist hotspots.

Gardai from Pearse Street arrested three males in connection with a series of violent incidents in Temple Bar at the weekend. 

One man was arrested last nightand a further two men arrested this morning, a Garda spokesperson confirmed. 

All three are aged in their late teens and early 20s and were arrested in the Dublin city centre area.  

In one incident, a 32-year-old man was left fighting for his life after being stabbed several times outside the Club M nightclub on Cope Street at approximately 7.45pm on Saturday.

The man fled from his assailants onto Anglesea St. where he sustained a number of stab wounds to his abdomen and face. Emergency services were called after the man was repeatedly stabbed and he was rushed to St James's Hospital in serious condition. 

Another man in his mid-20s was assaulted with a knife as he stood outside a pub on Fleet Street at 7.30pm.

The 24-year-old was stabbed in the head and chest during the attack. The victim was also rushed to St James's Hospital where he was described at the weekend as being in serious condition. 

Two men were also stabbed later in the evening, with the attacks related to one another.

A man is alleged to have been attacked with a pocket knife on Temple Bar Square, suffering a gash to his face.

The perpetrator was then followed and attacked a short distance away on Crown Alley, outside the Bad Ass Café. He was attacked with a glass bottle and struck in the face, suffering facial wounds during the incident.

The men detained are being held at at Pearse St Garda Station under the provisions of Section 4 – Criminal Justice Act 1984. Investigations are ongoing.