Second woman (21) arrested and charged over gun murder of Tallaght man

Mr Farrelly's body is removed from the scene in Dublin's north inner city
Mr Farrelly's body is removed from the scene in Dublin's north inner city

A second woman has been charged in relation to the murder of a Tallaght man in Dublin city centre last year.

According to a report in the Herald, the 21-year-old woman was arrested in connection with the murder of Kieran Farrelly. 

Farrelly, from Tallaght, died following a gun attack at Killarney Court, an apartment complex off Killarney St, in north inner city Dublin on the night of 26 October. The 33-year-old man was shot in the head and upper body in front of his girlfriend.

Yesterday, Yasmin Stephens (21) appeared in court in connection with the callous murder. 

Stephens, of Albert College Avenue, Glasnevin, Dublin 9 appeared before Judge Anthony Halpin where she was charged with murder. 

Ms Stephens was also charged with the theft of €520 in cash along with a Samsung phone and a Sekonda watch from a man at Mabbot Lane in Dublin's north inner city on 27 October last. 

The Herald reports she was also charged with possession with a knife at Irishtown Garda Station on 21 October this year. 

No bail was sought and evidence of Ms Stephen's arrest, charge and caution was given by Garda Fergal Flynn of Mountjoy Station. She is expected to appear in Dublin District Court on 28 October. 

The young woman is the second person to be charged in connection with the murder of Mr Farrelly. 

Earlier in the week Laura Dempsey was charged in connection with the murder. Dempsey, who is of no fixed address, was arrested at Bolton Street in central Dublin and was then brought to Mountjoy Garda station where she was charged.

The young woman, dressed in a black leather jacket, white top, black leggings and blue runners, was then kept in garda custody and brought to appear before Judge Patrick Clyne at Dublin District Court on Wednesday. 

She sat silently in court as Det Garda Kevin Keys gave evidence of her arrest. He told Judge Clyne that after the murder charge was put to Ms Dempsey, she replied: “I did not kill Kieran Farrelly”.

Due to nature of the charge, the district court cannot grant bail and Det Gda Keys asked for her to be remanded in custody for one week.

Judge Clyne granted free legal aid and acceded to defence solicitor Alan Doyle's request to ask that the 25-year-old would get medical attention in prison.

He then remanded her in custody to appear again at Dublin District Court on 28 October.