News

Sad end to search for man (38) missing since last week

NewsBy Shuki Byrne
A Garda spokesperson confirmed Esmonde's body had been found today
A Garda spokesperson confirmed Esmonde's body had been found today

There has been a sad end to the search for a man missing since last week.

Gardai said the search for missing man John Esmonde has been called off. 

The 38-year-old man had been missing since Wednesday, March 11. 

John was last seen at 10pm on the Main Street in Tipperary town on the day in question. 

Gardai issued an appeal at the time saying they were concerned for the man's welfare. 

A Garda spokesperson confirmed Esmonde's body had been found today. 

"The body of John Esmonde, RIP, was located earlier today," they said. 

"No further action required, thank you for your assistance."