Police finish interviewing Bloody Sunday soldiers
The police have finished interviewing ex-soldiers as part of their investigation into the events of Bloody Sunday.
On January 30, 1972, 13 people were shot dead by the British Army during a civil rights march in the city.
A 14th person later died.
After a public inquiry found the British Army were to blame for the events of Bloody Sunday in 2010, Prime Minister David Cameron apologised to the families of the victims publicly on behalf of the state.
As a result, an investigation was set up by the PSNI's Legacy Investigation Branch.
Now that all of the former soldiers have been interviewed, a final report will be sent to the PPS which will decide if charges are to be brought.
Detective Chief Inspector Ian Harrison said: "Police have concluded interviews with former military personnel and are in the process of compiling a report for the PPS.
"The families have been informed of this and we will continue to keep them updated in relation to developments."
Civil rights campaigner, Eamonn McCann, said: "The news that all the former British soldiers associated with Bloody Sunday have now been interviewed under caution marks another milestone on the long march towards the truth.
"The interviews with the surviving soldiers were completed last month. The families shouldn't have to hang on any longer.
"The PSNI had estimated that the current investigation would take four years. Four years have already passed."