Man found dead in KFC bathroom in suspected drugs overdose
A man who was found dead in the bathroom of a KFC outlet in Belfast died from a suspected drugs overdose.
The man was found unresponsive in the toilet of the outlet on Brougham Street, Yorkgate, at around 2pm yesterday.
The deceased, in his 30s, was named as Ian Gibson, from Bangor.
A spokesperson for the PSNI said: "Police were at the scene of the sudden death of a male at premises in the Brougham Street area of Belfast.
"There are no further details at this stage."
The Sunday World has highlighted how dealers openly sell heroin and cocaine in the Yorkgate area in recent years.
Recently, Translink took action to curb anti-social and criminal behavior around Yorkgate train station, cutting down trees and foliage which drug dealers and users were using as cover.