NewsNorthern Ireland

Boy cut free from chair in Irish cinema after becoming stuck

The chair which had to be cut open with a hydraulic cutter
The chair which had to be cut open with a hydraulic cutter
Boy cut free from chair in Irish cinema after becoming stuck

A young boy had had to be cut free free after becoming trapped in a seat in an Irish cinema.

It is understood Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service had to be called in after the boy's hand became trapped.

During the incident, which happened yesterday, rescue workers from Northland and Crescent Links used a hydraulic cutter to free the boy.

They later posted images of the cut-apart cinema seat on social media.