UPDATE: Six people taken into custody by police investigating Paris attacks

NewsBy Neil Fetherston
Tears for the dead at the scene of the Paris attacks
Tears for the dead at the scene of the Paris attacks

Six people have been taken into custody by police investigating the Paris attacks, according to French media reports.

The investigation to identify members of the terrorist cell behind France’s deadliest attack since the second world war spread to Belgium, Greece and Germany.

One 29-year-old Frenchman was named as one of the killers.

Multiple sources told French media that a severed finger found at the Bataclan theatre, where three gunmen killed 89 people during a concert on Friday night, belonged to Omar Ismaïl Mostefai, a petty criminal of Algerian origin.

Paris prosecutor François Molins said the suspect was born in the poor southern Paris suburb of Courcouronnes, and had been flagged as a radicalisation risk in 2010 but “never been implicated in an investigation or a terrorist association”.

Mostefai’s brother, father and an unidentified woman are among those held, according to earlier reports.

A property in Courcouronnes linked to Mostefai was searched on Saturday, and his father, brother and brother’s sister were detained by police.

Meanwhile,a getaway vehicle used by the attackers on a number restaurants and bars in Paris has been found in Montreuil, an eastern suburb of the French capital, one radio station is reporting.