Ruthless side of jarvey business laid bare in court
They are the colourful coach drivers who ferry tourists around Kerry, but this week a court heard of the dark, ruthless side of the jarvey business.
One jarvey driver and his wife have told how their lives became a “living hell” after they became the victim of a vicious stalking campaign by jarvey kingpins Michael (27) and Paul Tangney (42).
Distraught Michael Sweetman told how, during a bitter harassment campaign borne out of a business dispute, the Tangneys – who owned eight of 37 jarvey licences operating in Killarney – targeted him by:
• Registering him up on gay websites;
• Posting his and wife Julie’s details on sex sites;
• Placing details of the Sweetman couple – who do not have children – on adoption and fertility websites;
• Bombarding the couple with dozens of ‘hang-up’ phone calls;
• Ordering 100 televisions in Michael’s name and posting the couple’s company details to debt websites.
THE FULL SORDID DETAILS OF THIS SHOCKING STORY ARE ONLY IN THIS WEEKEND'S SUNDAY WORLD