PARIS LATEST: Manhunt underway for two suspects

NewsBy Neil Fetherston
PARIS LATEST: Manhunt underway for two suspects

Police are looking for two men connected to Friday’s horrific attacks in Paris.

The discovery of a black Seat car thought to have been used in the terror attacks had raised fears that terrorists could still be on the run.

Now, police have confirmed they are looking for two men.

Several AK47 rifles of the sort used during the attacks in Paris were found in the black Seat abandoned in an eastern suburb of the capital, a judicial source has said.

Witnesses have said the car, found in Montreuil, was used by attackers at multiple locations on Friday night.

Paris prosecutor Francois Molins said yesterday that the Seat had been used in the attacks.

A Frenchman who is thought to have hired another car used in the attacks was stopped at the Belgian border yesterday morning, along with two other people, Mr Molins said.

French police have identified one of the assailants in the coordinated attacks as Ismael Omar Mostefai, a 29-year- old French national.

Seven of his relatives are being questioned, sources and French media said.

Authorities had a dossier on Mostefai that marked him as a potential Islamist militant.

He also had previous arrest records and had been sentenced eight times for petty crimes, according to French newspaper Le Monde.

Mostefai was one of the gunmen who blew himself up in a Paris concert hall where most of the 129 deaths from the attacks late on Friday took place.

His father, a brother and five other people are being held for questioning, several French media reported, as the hunt continued for others involved in the shootings.

The reports said searches were also being conducted in the relatives' homes in the northeastern Aube region and in Essonne, south of Paris.

Father-of-one Mostefai was born in Courcouronnes, a southern suburb of Paris and lived in Chartres, southwest of the capital.

He is suspected to have stayed in Syria between 2013 and 2014, Le Monde reported.

Meanwhile, a third suicide bomber who targeted the State de France on Friday night has been identified as a 27-year-old Egyptian, a French magazine is reporting.

Le Point says Waled Abdelrazak S was found outside the country’s national stadium alive but died on his way to hospital.

It is the third name out of seven suspected terrorists who carried out the attacks.

It was reported earlier that 25-year-old Ahmed Almuhamed was also one of the jihadists.