Mother rushed to hospital after getting sex toy lodged in bum
A student teacher was forced to undergo emergency surgery after a sex toy became lodged in her backside.
Emma Phillips, 24, a mother-of-one and student teacher, was in bed with partner Lee Miller on Saturday morning when the toy 'went missing'.
Lee unsuccessfully tried to remove the vibrator, which Emma could feel buzzing in her stomach, with a kitchen-fork handle and then a BBQ prongs.
Having failed to bring the toy back using DIY methods, Emma was rushed to hospital where she underwent emergency surgery.
"When I leaned on my stomach I could feel it vibrating - it was stuck low down and at one point was even wedged behind my hip," Emma told the Sun.
"For a while Lee was suggesting all kinds of wonderful options.
"He tried a kitchen fork handle, which we won't be using again, and said he could feel it at one point but that it was too far up - it was a goner.
"He tried BBQ prongs too but after a certain point - after an hour of trying - we knew were going to have to go to hospital. We were both a bit shocked."
Doctors told Emma she could hold onto the toy as a keepsake following its removal but she declined.