At least 10 killed in Istanbul explosion
At least 10 people have been killed and 15 others injured in a blast in Istanbul, the governor's office has said.
The explosion happened on Tuesday in the city's historic Sultanahmet district, the Dogan news agency reported.
The cause of the explosion is under investigation, but state-run TRT television said it was probably caused by a suicide bomber.
The explosion was close to a park that is home to a landmark obelisk, according to reports. Several police and medics were sent to the area.
Police sealed the area, barring people from approaching in case of a second blast.
The Sultanahmet neighbourhood is Istanbul's main sightseeing area and includes the Topkapi Palace and Blue Mosque.
Turkey suffered two major bombing attacks last year.
More than 30 people were killed in an Islamic State (IS) suicide attack in the town of Suruc, near Turkey's border with Syria, in July.
Two suicide bombs in October outside Ankara's main train station as people gathered for a peace rally killed more than 100 people. It was Turkey's deadliest attack.
The prosecutor's office said the attack was carried out by a local IS cell.