Man burns house in 'especially dumb' attempt to get rid of wasps
A man in Canada burned his house as he tried to get rid of a nest of wasps.
John Hay, local fire chief in Thunder Bay, Ontario, called the man's actions 'especially dumb' in a report in the The Star.
They carry details on the incident that happened on Monday when a man spotted a nest of wasps near his home.
The man poured petrol onto the nest and set fire to it.
Unfortunately, his house caught fire too and while fire crews managed to put out the flames, the house was extensively damaged.
“I don’t get surprised any more, but this is especially dumb,” Hay said.
“That’s probably in my top 10 for my career, and I’ve been around a long time.”