News

Leading soccer figure in court on 15 sex assault charges

NewsBy Sunday World
Leading soccer figure in court on 15 sex assault charges

A leading soccer figure has appeared in court this week in relation to 15 sex assault charges.

A report in today's Irish Daily Star says that the man was charged in relation to 15 alleged sexual assaults, all said to have taken place over a decade ago.

According to the Star the man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, appeared in court earlier this week in relation to the charges, all of which are relating to the same female.

The Star claim that sources have told them that 13 of the alleged assaults took place in the accused's home while two others allegedly occurred at two separate locations.

The man was bailed after the hearing and will appear in court again next month.

The accused has not yet been asked to enter a plea regarding the charges.