ISIS in Egypt release video threatening to kill European hostage
A purported Islamic State group video has threatened to kill a Croatian hostage in Egypt in 48 hours.
The Croatian national was kidnapped by the terrorist group in July.
A video released earlier today shows the man kneeling in the desert beside a militant whose face is covered. A black ISIS flag is buried in the sand in the background.
Reading from a note, the man identifies himself as 30-year-old Tomislav Salopek, and says that IS fighters captured him on July 22.
The group has threatened to kill him in the next two days if their demands are not met.
They are demanding the release of female prisoners from Egypt's prisons.
Croatia's Foreign Ministry late last month that one of its nationals with the same initials had been kidnapped in Cairo.
Reading from cue cards, Salopek says: "My name is Tomislav Salopek, I am 30 years old and I am coming from Croatia. I am married and I have two children,' he tells the camera.
He revealed he works for a French company and is based in Cairo.
The company, which Mr Salopek identified as France's CGG Ardiseis, works in the oil and gas sector and has a branch office in Cairo's leafy suburb of Maadi, where many expats and diplomats live.
The footage, entitled A Message to the Egyptian Government, was shot in the style of previous IS propaganda videos in which they threaten and behead hostages.