Hoverboard causes fire in Dublin house
An exploding hoverboard caused fire damage to a Dublin home after it self-combusted this evening.
Dublin Fire Brigade were called were called to a house fire in Artane, where the device had been charging when it overheated.
We attended a hoverboard on fire in a house this evening in Artane. The device was charging when it overheated 1/2 pic.twitter.com/H31YKFLL0I— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) 25 February 2016
Flames from the hoverboard spread to a nearby laptop and a couch.
The incident was quickly contained and nobody was injured in the fire.
Hoverboards were recalled by several retailers this christmas