FSAI issue 10 closure orders for takeaways and restaurants
The Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) served a total of twelve closure and prohibition orders for restaurants and takeaways during the month of August.
The authority reported that ten closure orders and two prohibition orders were served on food businesses for breaches of food safety legislation.
Environmental health officers in the Health Service Executive (HSE) issued the orders following inspections of premises.
Four closure orders were served under the FSAI Act on the following premises:
- Canton House (restaurant), 2 Bath Street, Dublin 4
- Sweet Nosh (restaurant), Unit 6, Chatham Street, Dublin 2
- Tikka Balti (take away), 404 South Circular Road, Dublin 8
- Brandon Bay Lodge/B&B (closed area: the kitchen), Killshanig, Maharees, Castlegregory, Kerry
- Jade Dragon (restaurant), North Mall, Westport, Mayo
- Gleeson's Bakery, Lewis Lane, Connolly Street, Nenagh, Tipperary
- Nan's (take away), 3 Applewood Village, Swords, Co. Dublin
- Jade Palace (restaurant), 1st Floor of Orchard Bar, Applewood Village, Swords, Co. Dublin
- Caspian's (restaurant), Main Street, Kiltimagh, Mayo
- Rishab's Tandoori House (restaurant), Main Street, Dunshaughlin, Meath
- Kamaceuticals Ltd (fruit & vegetable processor), Burdautien, Clones, Monaghan
- Mad Cow Milkshakes Burgers & Kebabs (take away), 1 Annamoe Road, Cabra, Dublin 7