Electric blanket causes blaze in Dublin home
Dublin Fire Brigade responded to a fire caused by an electric blanket in south Dublin yesterday.
The dangers posed by using electric blankets were yesterday highlighted to the public by Dublin Fire Brigade.
The fire service tweeted images from outside and inside a home in Esker, Lucan, where the fire is thought to have originated in a bedroom where an electric blanket was left on.
Nobody was hurt in the blaze, which the Fire Brigade brought under control after being called to the scene yesterday evening.
We attended a domestic fire in Esker. Believed the fire started by an electric blanket being left on. No injuries. pic.twitter.com/YMM8jYb4c0— Dublin Fire Brigade (@DubFireBrigade) February 24, 2016