Tattooed kick boxer Alan Collinson, 29, was detained yesterday morning at his home near Magaluf after his alleged victim went to police. He was due before a court in the Majorcan capital Palma this morning.
The hearing was due to take place behind closed doors so a judge could decide whether to open a full judicial investigation and remand Collinson in custody or release him on bail.
A spokesman for the Civil Guard said: “We can confirm a 29-year-old British man has been arrested on suspicion of domestic violence.
“He was arrested around 11.30am yesterday/on Tuesday at an address in the municipality of Calvia.”
Police are understood to have been called after the alleged victim, a 21-year-old British woman, went to a local health centre seeking medical attention. The extent of her injuries are not known.
Collins was dubbed King Carnage last year after organising a pub crawl where a British teenager was filmed performing sex acts on 24 men.
He bragged in the wake of the furore: “I don’t know what all the fuss is about. It was just an average night.”
It was later revealed he was being investigated for allegedly attacking four members of a Scots stag party - leaving two with broken jaws - on a pub crawl in May last year.
Local court officials could not confirm today if the case against Collinson was still active.
Hartlepool-born Collinson got a 12-month suspended jail sentence for GBH for fracturing a man’s eye socket at a pub in his home town in an unprovoked 2010 assault.
Prosecutor Jolyon Perks claimed at his trial Mr Fleming was attacked after leaning over a bar rail “perhaps to say goodbye” to Collinson’s girlfriend. The Brit brute, an ex-soldier pictured drinking last summer with a string of celebs in Magaluf including Benefits Street’s Dee White, admitted GBH and got the jail term suspended for a year along with a curfew.
He was also ordered to pay his victim £1,500, He was arrested last September as he landed in the UK for not complying with the sentence by running Carnage events in Magaluf instead of meeting supervisors.
He admitted failing to comply with a court order after appearing before magistrates the following day and was reportedly given bail after surrendering his passport. It was not immediately clear today how he had managed to return to Spain for the holiday season.
Collinson still describes himself on his Twitter site as Carnage’s events manager.
In a tweet he posted on February 26, he urged punters to visit a new Carnage Magalluf website.
Carnage owner Paul Smith insisted today Collinson was not working for his firm anymore.
He said: “He’s gone to work for someone else in Magaluf. He doesn’t work for me anymore. I know he’s in Magaluf but I’m not in contact with him.”
Magaluf gained worldwide notoriety last summer after a video of an 18-year-old from Co Armagh performing sex acts on 24 men after a Carnage pub crawl went viral.
Collins wrote on Facebook afterwards: “Don’t no what all the fuss is about, it’s an average night on Carnage bar crawl….turning inbetweeners into studs in six hours.”
The bar where the video was filmed was later hit with a fine and 12-month closure order.
Local authorities have announced a crackdown on pub crawls for this summer, limiting firms to one a day between 8pm and midnight for a maximum of 20 people.