Man who tried to cook girlfriend’s body called electrician for help when hob broke
28-year-old Marcus Volke rang up electrician Brad Coyne when the power in his Brisbane, Australia, home went out in October 2014.
Earlier Volke has murdered his sex worker girlfriend Mayang Prasetyo (27), before he chopped her up and tried to dispose of her body by boiling it.
The stress on his electric cooker caused the power in his home to short-circuit. .
Volke’s call to Mr Coyne was played at an inquest in Australia.
“G’day, is this a 24-hour electrician?” Said Volke
“Yeah I got a bit of a problem. Um, I was cooking on my stove, it’s an electric stove and the stock pot boiled over, dripped down and got into the oven and basically made this big bang and then all the power turned off.
“Does it sound like something you’d be able to fix today?”
When Mr Coyne arrived at the property he was greeted by a pungent stink, garbage bags and chemicals.
The foul odour was blamed on a “pig’s broth” which Volke claimed he was cooking.
Coyne restored the power, left the house and immediately contacted the building manager, who then notified the police about a potential problem.
“We went into the bathroom which had laundry in it and there was a cupboard that had the washing machine in it – which I didn’t know at the time had bits of his wife’s body in it, like her head and arms,” Mr Coyne told reporters.
When police arrived to the scene Volke fled and eve3ntually took his own life by slitting his throat.
“Originally I thought it was some sort of sick prank… Halloween or something — when I put two and two together, I realised it wasn’t a prank,” he told the inquest.
The inquest began today and will continue for three days.