Man kills his dogs by repeatedly feeding them Jaffa Cakes and KitKats
62-year-old Keith Davies was repeatedly advised to give his two collies better food instead of Jaffa Cakes and milk for breakfast.
The two animals called Jenny and Lolly, were also fed KitKat bars for dinner, despite chocolate being lethal to dogs.
Prompted by a tip off the RSPCA arrived to Davies home last April where they immediately realised his dogs were seriously ill.
The Metro reports that Jenny died almost as soon as she arrived at the RSPCA centre, while Lolly had to be put to sleep due to her kidney and liver failure.
The two mistreated animals had been vomiting bile, had matted coats, were covered in excrement and filth and were extremely obese.
“Despite being extremely unwell, these poor dogs had not been taken to a vet for treatment and were instead left to suffer until they died,” said RSPCA inspector Callum Isitt.
“Advice had been given to the owner by another charity about how to care for the dogs, but this had been ignored.
“Chocolate is very poisonous for dogs and would have been a contributing factor in their poor health.
“On top of this they were not taken to a vet for help until it was too late. It would have been very obvious how unwell they were.
“Owning an animal is a privilege and we are very pleased that in this instance this man will not be able to own one again – which I have no doubt will prevent suffering to future animals.”
Davis was found guilty of animal welfare offences, was banned from owning animals for life and given a prison sentence for 112 days, suspended for 12 months.