NewsCrime World

Woman who was filmed with child’s severed head brings police to crime scene

Gyulchekhra Bobokulova
Gyulchekhra Bobokulova

The nanny who beheaded a young child and was filmed waving the severed head outside a Moscow subway station has taken police back to the scene of the crime.

The woman, named as Gyulchekhra Bobokulova - a mum of three - showed officers the Moscow flat where she reportedly strangled Nastya Meshcheryakova, before beheading her with a kitchen knife.

Accompanied by armed police, Bobokulovais said to have told police that she committed the heinous act after being ‘haunted by voices’. It is also reported in local media that Bobokulovais was enraged after she learned that her husband in Uzbekistan had started a new family.

Yesterday, shocking videos posted on Russian news websites show a woman dressed all in black, holding the severed head and shouting "I am a terrorist" in Russian, although most of what she says is incomprehensible.

In some of the videos the woman is tackled by men who appear to be police.

The Investigative Committee released a statement saying a woman was arrested on suspicion of killing a child aged three or four in an apartment near the metro station in north-western Moscow and then setting the apartment on fire., an online news portal with close contacts to the police, published video footage.

The portal said a policeman had approached the woman to check her documents and that she had responded by removing the child's head from a bag and begun shouting that she had killed the infant.

One reporter, from the RBC daily, said the woman had also been heard screaming "Allahu Akbar" (God is Great).

The official report said the child's body found in the apartment showed signs of a violent death. Russian news reports, citing law enforcement sources, said the child had been decapitated.

Bobokulova was taken to the flat in western Moscow at around midnight.

'Initially, she seemed insane, but then agreed to the investigative experiment,' said police in local reports.

Bobokulova told police that she went home to Uzbekistan less than two months ago and found her husband had a new wife and had started a family.

A source told LifeNews: 'In her first testimony Bobokulova said that just over a month ago, she went to her homeland, to Uzbekistan to renew her passport.

'When she got to her home, she learned that her husband had started a new family. She was invited to become a second wife. In total, she spent 25 days there.'

It is reported that when she returned to Russia, she complained to Nastya's family.

The family problems caused her 'acute manic psychosis', claimed the LifeNews outlet

Nastya's parents, Vladimir and Ekaterina, are said to have been concerned at her behaviour but believed it was caused by fatigue.

The nanny had worked for the family in Moscow for three years.