NewsCrime World

Pender suspect found not guilty of sexual assault on wife

Crime WorldBy Sunday World
Fiona Pender
Fiona Pender

The man who is the chief suspect in the disappearance of Fiona Pender has been found not guilty of sexually assaulting his wife in a Canadian court.

The verdict was handed down in a court in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan this morning.

The man had been charged with two counts of sexual assault, one count of assault with a weapon plus two counts of uttering death threats.

The four day trial ended last month and the court heard a number of lurid allegations.

Among them it was alleged he carried out a catalogue of videotaped sexual assaults on his wife.
In the videos, which the woman claims were recorded while she was unconscious, she alleged her husband had placed a blonde wig over her hair, applied dark make-up to her face and stuck long pink false nails over hers.
It was also heard during the trial that his wife claimed he told her he killed Fiona.

However Chief Justice Popescul ruled that secretly filming the sexual encounters was 'not only improbable, it borders on the impossible'

Popescul also said that the complainant's testimony was 'not credible'.