NewsCrime World

Paedophile “fed dog faeces and raped to death with broom handle by gang”

Terry Oldham (Credit: Devon & Cornwall Police)
Terry Oldham (Credit: Devon & Cornwall Police)

A sex offender was brutally tortured and killed by a gang who had moved into his home.

63-year-old Terry Oldham was urinated on, fed dog faeces and killed by a gang who sexually assaulted him with a broom handle, a court in the UK heard.

Oldham, who was convicted of indecently assaulting a girl aged under 14 in 1987 and was subject to a sexual offences prevention order as a result, died as a result of the internal injuries sustained during the sexual assault.

A post mortem revealed the assault with the broom handle had injured Mr Oldham internally causing poisoning which led to organ failure.

A jury was told that four men killed 63-year-old Terry Oldham after moving into his house and deciding his perverted past made him "fair game".

24-year-old Aaron Mallen, Michelle Casterton (43), Daniel Quinn (23) and Richard Rosevear (33), all from Cornwall, deny murder.

Prosecutor Paul Dunkel told Truro Crown Court it was the work of “more than one person” between March 28 and April 1 last year.

“He (Mr Oldman) was a small frail man in his 60s. He was routinely bullied and assaulted by them, they took his money and they stole his possessions.

“They knew he was a convicted sex offender so viewed him as fair game.”

"Terry Oldham became increasingly isolated and depressed as the defendants took over his house and his life."

Mr Dunkels listed a series of "extensive injuries" to the victim's head, chest, abdomen, hands, arms and legs.

He told the court that there were a large number of bruises to many parts of Mr Oldham's body of varying ages, meaning he had been assaulted on numerous occasions.

He said the defendants did nothing to help the 5’2″ man following the assault despite the fact that it ‘must have been obvious that he was seriously ill’.

“Each maintained that all was normal and Terry Oldham was well until he was found dead that morning,” said Mr Dunkels.

"Mallen, Casterton and Quinn were laughing and said that Richard Rosevear woke them up and said that Terry was dead and they all went back to sleep before getting up to see what had happened.

"They said they kept poking him to see if he really was dead."

Mr Dunkels added that Casterton, Mallen and Quinn told a different story when talking to friends later that day.

The trial continues.