NewsCrime World

Paedo jumps to his death on day he was due to be sentenced for vile abuse

Michael Fiek had previously admitted 14 sex offences
Michael Fiek had previously admitted 14 sex offences

A paedophile jumped to his death from a bridge on the day two co-accused men were deemed dangerous by a judge and handed extended prison sentences.

Accountant Michael Fiek, 40, of Hoffman Square, Shoreditch, east London, was due to be jailed at Leeds Crown Court but died in the early hours, Judge Tom Bayliss QC was told.

He had previously admitted 14 sex offences, having met a 15-year-old boy in a West Yorkshire park, paid him for sex, and filmed their sexual activity.

Driving instructor Andrew Lynes, 51, of Deighton Road, Huddersfield, joined in and was also filmed with the boy, who received £80.

Afterwards, Lynes and Fiek swapped the images they had taken of them abusing the vulnerable teenager in the park in May 2014.

Anthony Dunne, prosecuting, told the court: "They both described in the course of these exchanges their strong sexual interest in young boys and exchanged several images of young children."

In messages, they agreed that they thought the boy in the park was 14. They also discussed abusing a toddler together.

Lynes also discussed abusing babies with other paedophiles in Cardiff and Plymouth on the Kik internet messaging system and described himself as "obsessed with young children", the court heard.

Police recovered his iPhone and laptop and found 713 indecent images, including 244 of the worst category.

His social media links with convicted paedophile James Bould, 35, formerly of Swindon Road, Dewsbury, were found.

Detectives were already investigating Bould, who was out of prison on licence for similar offences, after a 13-year-old boy he had blackmailed for sex came forward.

They had first chatted on the Kik app and Bould got the boy to message him naked photos, and later threatened to "send the pictures around" if he did not come to his house.

The teenager took a train to Dewsbury and was directed over the phone to enter the bedroom where Bould was waiting to abuse him.

Using the threat of the photos again, Bould made the boy come round a second time and subjected him to more serious sexual abuse, the court heard.

He then shared the naked photos of the boy with Lynes, and the two men discussed how they could both have sex with him.

They shared other images of abuse and swapped graphic fantasies involving children, the court heard.

The boy in a victim statement said he felt "trapped", while the teenager in the park said in his statement the abuse gave him low self-esteem.

Gillian Batts, for Bould said her client accepted he was dangerous, while James Littlehales, for Lynes, said had been attending weekly Sexaholics Anonymous sessions to curb his behaviour.

Each admitted a string of offences, including sexual activity with a child, causing a child to engage in sexual activity, conspiracy to engage in sexual activity with a child and making and distributing indecent images.

Judge Bayliss sentenced Bould to eight years and eight months jail with an extended licence period of five years and four months. Lynes was jailed for seven and a half years, with a five-year extended licence period.

The judge said both described themselves as "committed paedophiles", and said Bould was a "habitual" offender and Lynes was "manipulative".

Speaking of their conspiracy to have sex with the 13-year-old, the judge asked: "How on earth could you contemplate it?"