Judge bans publication of stolen Pippa pics
A High Court judge has made an order barring publication of photographs in the wake of allegations that an iCloud account belonging to Duchess of Cambridge's sister had been hacked.
Pippa Middleton had taken civil court action against a "person or persons unknown" after pictures were allegedly taken from her iCloud account.
Police are already investigating allegations that Miss Middleton's account had been hacked.
They said a 35-year-old man has been released on police bail - pending further inquiries - after being arrested at an address in Northamptonshire late on Saturday on suspicion of an offence under the Computer Misuse Act.
Photographs of the Duchess of Cambridge and her children, Prince George and Princess Charlotte, are reportedly among 3,000 images taken from Miss Middleton.
Private pictures were said to have been offered to The Sun and Daily Mail newspapers via encrypted messaging service WhatsApp.
The Sun said it had been approached by someone using a pseudonym and asking for £50,000 within 48 hours.
Miss Middleton has taken legal action in the Queen's Bench Division of the High Court - where judges analyse claims relating to issues including privacy.
Lawyers representing Miss Middleton had asked Mrs Justice Whipple to make an order barring publication of photographs taken from her account at a High Court hearing in London on Wednesday.
Barrister Adam Wolanski, who led Miss Middleton's legal team, said she thought there had been a "genuine hack".
He said there had been a "flagrant" and "criminal" act which had caused Miss Middleton "considerable distress".
Mr Wolanski said they had not been able to ascertain the identity of the "defendants" but police were investigating.
Miss Middleton was not in court for the hearing.