NewsCrime World

'Dangerous' man forced teen girl into car before attacking her

Crime WorldBy Sunday World
Connor Martin
Connor Martin

A "dangerous" man who forced a teenage girl into his car and attacked her has been jailed for eight years, Essex Police said.

Connor Martin, 19, of Mynchens, Laindon, was driving his car along London Road, Pitsea, when he pulled alongside the victim and asked her to get into his car to talk.

The 16-year-old got in but left the door open so she could get out quickly. However Martin sped off in the car and began attacking his terrified victim, even letting go of the steering wheel to hit her in the head and face.

The victim begged Martin to free her but he refused and drove her to his home where he forced her to undress.

The girl managed to phone her father when Martin left the room, and he called police who promptly arrived and arrested Martin, taking the victim to safety.

The incident happened on October 27 last year, Basildon Crown Court heard.

Martin admitted kidnapping, assault, handling stolen goods, using threatening behaviour with a bladed article, driving without insurance, driving other than in accordance with a licence and driving dangerously.

He was jailed on July 29.

Following the sentencing Detective Inspector David Miles said: "Martin is a nasty and dangerous offender and his lengthy sentence reflects this.

"I would like to praise the bravery of Martin's young victim in having the courage to support this prosecution and I hope now she can begin to rebuild her life knowing Martin is locked behind bars."

Martin also admitted a charge of sexual activity with a child under the age of 16, relating to an offence involving a different girl, aged 14, in 2014.

He was given a six-month jail term for that offence which will run concurrently.