Teen to face trial accused of robbing woman at knifepoint in Dublin
A then 14-year-old boy is to go on trial accused of robbing an Italian student at knifepoint in the capital.
The now 16-year-old boy is charged with robbery of the woman at Strand Road, Portmarnock on July 21, 2015.
Garda Glynn Miller told the Dublin Children's Court that the woman had been robbed at knifepoint. Witnesses gave gardai the registration number of a car.
Its owner was questioned and allegedly made admissions stating that the boy had been his passenger and had carried out the robbery. The boy was interviewed and made "certain admissions", the court heard.
Defence counsel Damian McKeone said the allegation would be "fully contested". Judge John O'Connor accepted jurisdiction for the case to remain the juvenile court meaning the boy, if convicted, could face a one-year sentence.
It is alleged that a handbag worth €50, along with €40 in cash, was taken from the woman who has since returned to Italy.
A not guilty plea was entered and the judge held that the trial date will be set next month.