Teen charged over Dublin street attack
A YOUTH has been granted bail after he was charged over a street attack in Swords in Co. Dublin.
Judge John O’Connor heard at the Dublin Children’s Court that it was alleged that the injured party was walking along Swords Main Street on April 18 last year when he passed a group of youths.
Garda Michael McCabe told the court that it would be alleged that the man’s head was hit from behind with what was believed to have been a mobile phone. He turned around and he was “rushed by a group of males” and was struck in the face by one of them, Gda McCabe said.
The youth, then aged 16, is accused of assault causing harm and replied “no” when he was charged. There was no objection to bail and he released to appear again in four weeks when he will be expected to enter a plea.