No bail for man charged with the murder of Gareth Hutch
A man charged with the murder of Gareth Hutch, who was shot dead outside his home in Dublin last year, has been refused bail by the High Court for a second time.
Thomas Fox (29), with an address at Rutland Court, in north inner city Dublin, is charged with the murder of Mr Hutch on North Cumberland Street, Dublin 1 on May 24, 2016.
Mr Fox had sought bail in the High Court today.
The State objected to bail.
Counsel for the Director of Public Prosecutions, Eoghan Cole BL, told Mr Justice Paul Coffey that a previous application for bail was made by Mr Fox on February 10 this
year and Ms Justice Isobel Kennedy had refused it under the "O'Callaghan" principles and pursuant to section 2 of the Bail Act 1997.
Mr Cole told the court that there was "no sufficient" change of circumstances to entitle Mr Fox to apply for bail.
"The change of circumstances which I say is inadequate is the fact he says he suffers from asthma and when incarcerated he received three stab wounds. I submit to the court that Mr Fox has not shown the court a sufficient basis to reopen the case," said Mr Cole.
Dean Kelly BL, for Mr Fox, said that there had been a change in circumstance as Mr Fox had suffered a significant assault while in custody.
Mr Justice Coffey rejected Mr Fox's bail application saying the matter was "substantially considered" previously by Ms Justice Kennedy.