Man sent for trial after hundreds of thousands of euro worth of cocaine seized in Dublin
This is the man who is facing trial on drugs charges following the seizure of an estimated €210,000 worth of cocaine in west Dublin.
Craig Buckley (27) had a fresh charge brought against him and book of evidence served on him when he appeared in Blanchardstown District Court.
The drugs were discovered in a van in June.
The accused, of Curlew Road, Drimnagh, is charged with possession of cocaine with intent to sell or supply. He is also charged with a related count of simple possession of the drug.
He was further charged with having more than €13,000 worth of cocaine.
The offences are alleged to have happened at Old Nangor Road, Clondalkin on June 11 last.
Detective Garda Mary Moore of the Drug and Organised Crime Bureau said she further charged Mr Buckley before the court sitting and he made no reply after caution. A State solicitor said the DPP was directing trial on indictment.
Judge David McHugh gave Mr Buckley the formal caution that he must provide any alibi details to the prosecution within 14 days.
He extended bail and legal aid to cover the new charge.
The court heard there had been no change in Mr Buckley's financial circumstances since his last appearance.
Defence solicitor Simon Fleming said the accused consented to being remanded on bail to the next sittings of Dublin Circuit Criminal Court on a date in December.
The accused has not yet indicated how he intends to plead to the charges, which are under the Misuse of Drugs Act.
Previously, Judge McHugh granted him bail after Mr Buckley's father put up a €5,000 cash surety.
Judge McHugh granted bail in the defendant's own bond of €100, on condition Mr Buckley signs on three times per week at Sundrive Road Garda Station.
There were no garda objections to bail.
Detective Garda John Paul Carroll, also of the Drugs and Organised Crime Bureau, told the court Mr Buckley also made no reply to the initial charges when they were put to him.