Kieron Ducie has driving case struck out
Kieron Ducie had his prosecution for driving a car without an NCT struck out at Dublin District Court today
The businessman and former friend of the tragic model Katy French appeared at Dublin District Court to face a charge of driving a '05-registered imported car which allegedly did not have a certificate of roadworthiness (NCT).
The driving offence was alleged to have occurred at Belvedere Road, Dublin 3, on August 18 last year. He had entered a not guilty plea and the hearing was set to go ahead at the district court.
However, when the case was called Judge Aeneas McCarthy was told by the prosecuting garda that there was an application to withdraw the charge.
Defence counsel Simon Matthews told the court that the regulations had been changed in 2013 and the summons had not been amended.
Judge McCarthy struck out the case.
In June free legal aid had been granted to Ducie, of Lambertstown Manor, Kilmessan, Co. Meath, after the court then heard he was not working.
The defence had also said, “he may be at risk if the matter goes a certain way”.
Ducie had been under a suspended sentence in relation to a drugs offence connected to the death of Katy French.
In February 2013 he had admitted that at an unknown location between 6pm on December 1st, 2007, and 10am on December 2nd, 2007, he and another person procured a man to possess cocaine for the purpose of sale or supply to another.
That charge arose out of from the death of the professional model Katy French in Co Meath eight years ago.
Trim Circuit Court imposed a sentence of 2½ years on Ducie, which was suspended on him entering a bond of €200 to keep the peace and be of good behaviour for two years.