Aer Lingus plane grounded just before take-off due to 'hydraulic' issue

Grounded: Passengers were left on the tarmac for hours
Grounded: Passengers were left on the tarmac for hours

An Aer Lingus plane was this morning grounded due to a technical fault detected just before take-off.

Passengers, some who have voiced their discontent on social media, were supposed to depart for Malaga on Aer Lingus Flight EI 584 from Dublin at 7am. 

They boarded the plane and remained on the tarmac for hours before being told the plane had 'hydraulic' issues.

After approximately four hours they were told they would not be departing and that the airline was trying to source another aircraft. 

A statement from Aer Lingus said the flight had been "delayed due to a technical fault with the aircraft".

"The aircraft has been undergoing inspection and maintenance by engineering staff. Passengers have been deplaned and provided with vouchers for refreshments.

"We are making all efforts to have a replacement aircraft available for the passengers to continue their journey to Malaga as soon as possible."

People aboard the plane took to social media to voice their concerns. 

The airline has said the confirmed departure for the flight. 

The latest incident comes after several others.

Yesterday, an Aer Lingus flight was forced to make an emergency landing at Dublin Airport following concerns over the plane's engine.

The Portugal-bound departed Dublin Airport at 6.20am but shortly into the flight a low rumbling was heard from the engine. Flight E1490, which was destined for Faro, returned to Dublin and landed safely at 7.06am, a spokesperson for Dublin Airport Authority said.

The decision was made to return following reports of a vibration in one of the plane's engines. It is believed a technical fault was discovered shortly after take-off.

On Saturday, an Aer Lingus plane destined for Germany had to turn back to Dublin Airport after fumes were reported in the cabin. Flight number EI352 left Dublin airport for Munich at 7.20am, but the pilot had to revert back to Dublin shortly after take-off.