58 people missing, presumed dead, in Grenfell Tower fire disaster
Fifty-eight people are missing and presumed dead in the Grenfell Tower disaster, the officer in charge of the investigation said.
Metropolitan Police Commander Stuart Cundy warned that the death toll could rise further as he formally identified a first victim as 23-year-old Mohammed Alhajali.
Earlier on Saturday UK Prime Minister Theresa May met victims of the blaze at Downing Street, amid criticism she had not seen them in the immediate wake of the tragedy.
Mr Cundy said: "Sadly, at this time there are 58 people who we have been told were in the Grenfell Tower on the night that are missing, and therefore sadly, I have to assume that they are dead."
Earlier, two Tube lines were partly suspended amid safety concerns at Grenfell Tower.
The Hammersmith and City Line has been suspended between Edgware Road and Hammersmith due to the blaze four days ago, Transport for London said.
Coupled with planned engineering work, the safety concerns around the fire mean the Circle Line is closed.
A sign at Ladbroke Grove station said "owing to the safety of the Tower" the lines had been partly suspended.
Transport for London said the move had been made "at the request of the London Fire Brigade".
London Fire Brigade said the lines had been temporarily closed because of a "short-term risk of some debris falling onto the tracks".
A spokesman said teams were working to secure the debris so the lines could be reopened as soon as possible.