X Factor boss warns of 'changes'

TVBy Sunday World
X Factor boss warns of 'changes'

'X Factor' bosses have warned there will be "changes" ahead of the next series.

The show's executive producer Richard Holloway says bosses of the ITV show are considering altering the current format and judging panel - which includes Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh, Mel B and Cheryl Fernandez-Versini.

He said: "There will be some exciting changes. The name of the show will stay the same but we are looking at the format and the judges.

"There will be some surprises this year. But I can't go into detail."

When asked which judges have an assured seat on the panel come May - when the line-up will be announced, he simply added: "It is safe to say Simon is staying."

Richard is keen to keep the show moving "with the times" after ten years on the air in a bid to beat rival BBC One show 'Strictly Come Dancing' in the ratings.

He added to the Daily Mirror newspaper: "We have been making the show for 10 years and to make it popular you have to refresh the show.

"You need to look at every aspect and move with the times. There is an ongoing battle with Strictly. On overall volume they beat us last year. It has been a few years since we beat them on overall volume.

"It is quite interesting the split of the audience. It is very defined. Let battle commence but we would love to beat them."