EntertainmentTV

Top Gear's executive producer quits after 5 months

TVBy Sunday World
Top Gear's executive producer quits after 5 months

'Top Gear's executive producer has quit the show.

The BBC motoring programme has been dealt another blow after Lisa Clark announced she was leaving just five months after she was brought in by new presenter Chris Evans.

She said in a statement: "After an extremely busy five months I am moving on from 'Top Gear' to new projects which I will be announcing in the new year. I'd like to wish production all the very best with the show."

Lisa, who previously worked alongside Chris as a producer on 'The Big Breakfast', was hired in the summer as a replacement for Andy Wilman after he left to join the old presenting line-up - Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May - on their new Amazon motoring show.

Despite her early exit, it seems there are no hard feelings between the BBC and Lisa as they praised her on her work.

The broadcasting company said: "We'd like to thank Lisa for all her incredible work over the last five months readying new 'Top Gear' for its busy filming schedule in 2016."

Alex Renton, who has been series editor on the hit show for 10 years, will take over as producer on an interim basis to ensure there are no issues with the production schedule.

A new executive producer will be announced in due course.

Meanwhile, 'Top Gear' is set to return to screens in May after Chris signed a three-year contract as the new host.