EntertainmentTV

Simon Cowell on hunt for Latino One Direction

TVBy Sunday World
Simon Cowell on hunt for Latino One Direction

Simon Cowell is on the hunt for a Latino version of One Direction.

The 55-year-old music mogul has launched 'La Banda' in a bid to find the next big boy band and has recruited former 'X Factor' producer Mark Sidaway for the US show.

The production team - which also includes singer and judge Ricky Martin - are keen to bring the show across the pond to the United Kingdom if it's successful in the United States.

Mark said: "It's really exciting. If we get it right we want to bring it to other countries."

Auditions are already underway, with Mark tweeting recently that "everyone, like everyone, (is) singing Sam Smith, One Direction and Ed Sheeran. (sic)"

An insider at Simon's production company Syco told The Sun newspaper's TV Biz column: "We are very excited about La Banda and we are very hopeful it is going to be a hit."

Despite his new commitment to 'La Banda', Simon won't be shirking his responsibilities on the new series of the 'X Factor' as he is the only judge currently confirmed to return to the show.

There has already been a huge shake-up after host of seven years Dermot O'Leary recently announced he would not be returning for the 2015 series.

Caroline Flack and Olly Murs - who previously presented the ITV show's spin-off 'The Xtra Factor - are rumoured to be returning to front the main show.

Executive producer Richard Holloway previously teased: "There will be some exciting changes. The name of the show will stay the same but we are looking at the format and the judges.

"There will be some surprises this year. But I can't go into detail."