EntertainmentTV

Robbie Savage 'in talks for I'm A Celebrity'

TVBy Sunday World
Robbie Savage 'in talks for I'm A Celebrity'

Former footballer Robbie Savage is reportedly in talks to sign up for I’m A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!.

The ITV show, hosted by Geordie duo Ant and Dec, will return to screens in November (16), with bosses working to secure their most entertaining contestants to date.

Among those apparently considering the physically and mentally gruelling reality show is 41-year-old football pundit Robbie.

"Robbie would be an amazing signing," an insider told the Daily Mirror. "We’re quietly confident he’ll do it after years of trying to persuade him."

Robbie would be the latest ex football player to try his luck on the show - Jimmy Bullard competed on the programme in 2014 while Kieron Dyer became a fan favourite on last year's (15) series.

And the father-of-two, who competed on Strictly Come Dancing in 2011, coming in sixth position, also previously revealed he hadn't ruled out a trip to the Outback.

“I thought I’d never do a reality show but I’ve realised I’m someone who needs a challenge. I’d consider it," he has said.

Other stars linked to the new series of I'm A Celebrity include Olympic gymnast Louis Smith, who hinted at his involvement in the programme in an interview with The Sun.

"There's something in the pipeline," he told the publication. "I have got a meeting when I get back about a potential show. You guys will probably have a field day with it.

"But I am looking forward to it, it's something I have wanted to do for a long time. I can neither confirm or deny anything you say. Like I say, wait and see."

A spokesperson for the show has refused to confirm any names, saying: "Any names suggested for I'm A Celebrity at this stage are just pure speculation."

- Cover Media