EntertainmentTV

Olly Murs refused to replace Dermot O'Leary on his own

TVBy Sunday World
Olly Murs refused to replace Dermot O'Leary on his own

Olly Murs refused to replace Dermot O'Leary as the host of 'The X Factor' by himself.

The 'Troublemaker' singer - who is rumoured to be set to front the show alongside Caroline Flack after the 41-year-old presenter announced his exit last week - has confessed he would have turned down the offer had he been asked to present the series on his own as he would have hated being compared to his "showbiz brother".

Addressing speculation he is set to replace Dermot - who has hosted the competition since 2007 - Olly said: "There's no way I would even discuss doing the job on my own to replace Dermot. Dermot is one of my best mates in the industry.

"He's my showbiz brother. I would never do the job on my own and never try to be Dermot O'Leary.

"The only way I would even think or talk about it would be if Caroline was doing it with me because me and Caroline were great together.

"I wouldn't want us to be compared to Dermot, because Dermot is brilliant at what he is.

"It would be completely different to what Dermot did."

This year's judging panel on the ITV show is also set for a shake up and Olly, 30, thinks former 'Take That' star Robbie Williams would be a brilliant addition to the competition.

He told The Sun newspaper: "If he was asked to do the role - and I don't know if he'd take it or not - he would be pretty amazing at it.

"You can't not love Robbie. He's very outspoken. He's a great person to be around. If they were to sign him up, it would 100 per cent attract more people to audition.

"It's his decision. I don't know if he'd listen to me."