Michelle Heaton shoots down Strictly gossip
Michelle Heaton has taken herself out of the Strictly mix.
Every year stars’ names get thrown around in relation to the ballroom extravaganza and this time Michelle has found herself at the centre of the rumours.
However, former Liberty X fans will be disappointed to hear the gossip was unfounded.
“I’m really sorry to disappoint you all but that’s just a rumour,” Michelle told OK! Magazine.
“Even I read the article and I was like, ‘Really?!’ But no. The fact that I was even mentioned in the mix and in media made me happy and made me smile but I was never going to do it.”
Had Michelle been chosen to fox trot across our screens this year, it would have come as no surprise. The 36-year-old hasn’t been shy about her Strictly Come Dancing ambitions, last year telling Lorraine Kelly that she’d love to do the lavish show.
“I think it’s every girl’s dream to do a show that makes you feel really glamorous and special, and the last few years have been really rough, so it’d be really nice to feel womanly again and do something positive and learn a craft,” she said, referring to her health scare with breast cancer, which saw her have both breasts removed as a preventive measure.
None of this year’s dancing celebrities are known yet, but the first will be unveiled on Monday, on Chris Evans’ Radio 2 Breakfast Show.
Last month ex-athlete Linford Christie told the Radio Times he’d turned down an offer to appear, and a spokesperson confirmed Jamie and Louise Redknapp would not be on it either.
- Cover Media