EntertainmentTV

Mel B axed from 'X Factor'?

TVBy Sunday World
Mel B axed from 'X Factor'?

Mel B has reportedly been axed from 'The X Factor'.

The former Spice Girl, who made her debut on the ITV series last year, is said to have been informed by Simon Cowell that her contract is unlikely to be renewed.

A source said: "Bosses are evolving 'The X Factor' and it has been decided Mel won't return."

Producers are now looking for a replacement for the 39-year-old star before the next series kicks off.

The insider told The Sun newspaper: "Simon and the producers are now looking for a replacement for Mel. If they fail to find a suitable candidate there is a very small chance she could be back."

Simon recently hinted that both he and Cheryl Fernandez-Versini will be back.

Asked which of last year's judges would be returning, Simon said: "Cheryl and me are fine."

But Louis Walsh thinks his time is up.

He said previously: "I think I'm done with 'X Factor', honestly. My day job is a manager, I've kind of neglected that. I want to get back to being a manager."

The show's executive producer Richard Holloway revealed a number of changes would be taking place ahead of the new series.

He said: "There will be some exciting changes. The name of the show will stay the same but we are looking at the format and the judges.

"There will be some surprises this year. But I can't go into detail."