EntertainmentTV

Jess Glynne rejects The Voice judging role

TVBy Sunday World
Jess Glynne rejects The Voice judging role

Jess Glynne has turned down the chance to be a judge on The Voice.

The 26-year-old singer has become the fourth music star to snub producers, after Kylie Minogue, Sir Paul McCartney and Take That frontman Gary Barlow allegedly said no to the programme's famous big red chairs.

"There have been talks," Right Here singer Jess admitted to The Sun. "People have approached me about it but it's just not something I'm interested in right now to be honest. Maybe at some point in the future but not at the moment."

According to a show insider, Jess had been high on bosses' judging wish list. Now they are said to be scratching their heads about who to approach next.

"Jess knows exactly what it takes to be a star and ITV really want to make sure they find talent who will become fully-fledged artists..." the source said. "They were really disappointed she turned down their offer so quickly."

The fifth series of the hit show featured judges Boy George, Ricky Wilson, will.i.am, and Paloma Faith. Ricky and Paloma have ruled out a return and reports suggest Jessie J, who was an original judge, is being lured back from the Australian version of the show for the sixth season of The Voice, which is moving from the BBC to ITV.

It was reported earlier this year that Beatles legend Paul had been approached for a judging position, but had to turn it down due to other commitments.

"While the ITV offer has been generous, Paul really doesn’t need the money and wants to focus on his own music," a source told The Sun.

"His One on One world tour does not end until October, when filming for the show is likely to begin. It’s all still up in the air but The Voice really is trying to pull out all the stops this time."

Former Liberty X singer Kevin Simm was crowned the winner of the last series of the British talent show.

- Cover Media