EntertainmentTV

Jeremy Clarkson: Don't blame producer for my sacking

TVBy Sunday World
Jeremy Clarkson: Don't blame producer for my sacking

Jeremy Clarkson has urged his fans not to blame the producer he's alleged to have punched for him being axed from 'Top Gear'.

The 54-year-old presenter learned earlier this week that he will not have his contract for the BBC motoring show renewed at the end of the month after he was investigated for launching a verbal and physical attack on Oisin Tymon over a platter of cold meat.

And he's now spoken out to ask his supporters to stop sending death threats to the producer "because none of this was his fault".

He's reported by the Daily Mirror newspaper as saying: "All I would like to say is ... I wish people would leave Ois alone because none of this was his fault".

Following his announcement that Clarkson had been axed from the show, BBC director general Tony Hall said the corporation would be looking into how best to "renew" 'Top Gear' for 2016.

A number of names have now been linked to Clarkson's job, the latest being 'Speed with Guy Martin' host Guy Martin, who is also a motorcycle racer.

Others tipped to take over from the controversial presenter include BBC Radio 2 host Chris Evans, model and TV personality Jodie Kidd and comic Steve Coogan.

Meanwhile, Clarkson's co-hosts Richard Hammond and James May have hinted they may step down from the show following his departure.

Earlier this week, May said: "I might want to do something completely different with my life, I'm quite old now. [I might] do something outside of cars, I always wanted to be a teacher."