EntertainmentTV

Dan Kennedy leaves Operation Transformation on doctors' advice

TVBy Sunday World
Dan Kennedy
Dan Kennedy

Operation Transformation leader Dan Kennedy has had to withdraw from the process for medical reasons.

Last week’s show saw Dan enter hospital having admitted during the first weigh-in on the show that he was suffering from stomach cramps and had been passing blood.

The 44-year-old was immediately rested from his Operation Transformation food and fitness plan and underwent tests at St Michael’s Hospital in Dun Laoghaire. He was diagnosed with severe colitis, a condition which pre-existed his commencement of the Operation Transformation plan.

Dan’s doctors spoke with him following further testing and told him that his current condition means he is not medically fit to continue on the Operation Transformation weight-loss plan. As a result, he has had to withdraw from the process. He is due for release from hospital this week. 

Operation Transformation host Kathryn Thomas said: “We are all so disappointed for Dan that he is no longer medically fit to continue as a leader. He approached the Operation Transformation plan with huge enthusiasm, determination and great humour. 

“The most important thing for Dan right now is to focus his attentions on getting well again and we all wish him a very speedy recovery.”

Operation Transformation expert Dr Ciara Kelly added: "I, and the rest of the Operation Transformation team, would like to wish Dan a healthy and speedy recovery. This was a pre-existing condition which neither Dan's GP nor anyone on the Operation Transformation team was aware of.

“Anyone who has watched Dan on the show, will have seen his dedication and commitment to getting healthy. This is an unfortunate reminder to all Irish men to be more proactive and attentive regarding their health.”