Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc 'row over Top Gear stunt'

TVBy Sunday World
Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc 'row over Top Gear stunt'

Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc are reportedly on "frosty" terms following Top Gear's controversial Cenotaph stunt.

Last month (Mar16), Matt, 48, caused controversy when he was seen doing wheel spins with professional rally driver Ken Block in a Ford Mustang, in the near vicinity of the war memorial. Retired colonel Richard Kemp previously criticised the stunt as "bad taste" and called for the BBC to drop the scenes.

And Chris, 50, apologised to the public on his Radio 2 show and attempted to set distance himself from the scandal, adding: "This isn't a shoot I'm particularly involved in."

Now insiders have revealed the controversy has caused irrevocable damage to the relationship between co-hosts Chris and Matt.

"Since the Cenotaph their relationship has deteriorated," a show told The Sun. "Chris thinks Matt has severely damaged the brand. Behind the scenes it is very frosty between them."

The new reports fuel claims that Chris was never happy with the hiring of former Friends star Matt as his co-presenter. His role was criticised by some when it was announced back in February (16), and Chris is said to have been against landing the Hollywood actor.

"Matt was never Chris’s choice — it was a decision forced upon him to attract the US market," a source added to the publication. "He accepted it and was desperate to strike up a bond when they were filming, but the spark just wasn’t there."

Netflix confirmed on Tuesday (12April16) the new series will be streamed internationally. It puts Chris in direct competition with Jeremy Clarkson and his team, who have a deal with rival Amazon.

- Cover Media