Cheryl Fernandez-Versini avoids 'X Factor' axe

TVBy Sunday World
Cheryl Fernandez-Versini avoids 'X Factor' axe

Cheryl Fernandez-Versini won't be axed from 'The X Factor".

The 'I Don't Care' hitmaker is reportedly set to keep her position on the judging panel alongside show boss Simon Cowell despite producers warning of "exciting changes" in the competition's line up this year.

The 31-year-old singer is said to have been told by the 55-year-old music mogul that her role on the ITV show is safe although she is yet to sign the paperwork confirming her return.

A source said: "They haven't signed a deal yet but Simon, Cheryl and ITV are all on the same page."

Meanwhile, former Spice Girl Mel B - who joined the panel last year - has reportedly been placed on the "at risk" list, while Simon looks for suitable stars to replace her.

The insider told The Sun newspaper: "But that's really bad news for Mel. She had a good first year but bosses want a new line-up."

It was recently reported Louis Walsh, 62, who has starred on the show since it began in 2004, is also set to be axed despite his close friend Simon having promised him a "job for life" as a judge on the competition.

A source said: "Simon has accepted that Louis no longer has a job for life on The X Factor.

"His place on the panel is not guaranteed. He's unlikely to stay because we are actively looking at new options for his role.

"But you can never rule Louis out, because he is the great survivor of The X Factor."

Producer Richard Holloway hinted last month that ITV were planning some "surprises" on the next series.

He said: "There will be some exciting changes. The name of the show will stay the same but we are looking at the format and the judges.

"There will be some surprises this year. But I can't go into detail."